05 Jul Are people more environmentally friendly?
The Global Consumer Insights Pulse Survey focuses on consumer purchasing habits and behaviors and shows how consumers have increasingly adapted to be more eco-conscious and digital in the last six months.
Shoppers in Indonesia (86%), Vietnam, the Philippines (74%), and Egypt (68%) are leading this behavioral change. Shopping locally has also become a key factor in driving sustainability with 52% of global consumers stating that they are ‘actively doing more to support local business and independent retailers.’
The survey also reveals that home workers have slightly different shopping habits from those who work primarily outside the home.
- 62% of home workers say they buy from companies that are conscious of and supportive of protecting the environment;
- 61% of home workers buy products with eco-friendly or less packaging;
- 61% of home workers buy more biodegradable/eco-friendly products;
- 50% of those who generally don’t work at home buy from companies that are conscious of and supportive of protecting the environment;
- 55% of those who work outside of the home buy products with eco-friendly or less packaging;
- 50% of those who work outside of the home buy more biodegradable or eco-friendly products.