25 Sep ESS IB assessment model
When taking Environmental systems and societies course, students are expected to follow assessment objectives. ESS IB SL has four assessment objectives.
Assessment objective 1
When taking ESS IB, a student should understand:
• facts and concepts
• methodologies and techniques
• values and attitudes.
Assessment objective 2
ESS IB student should analyse:
• explanations, concepts and theories
• data and models
• case studies in unfamiliar contexts
• arguments and value systems.
Assessment objective 3
When taking ESS IB, a student should evaluate:
• explanations, theories and models
• arguments and proposed solutions
• methods of fieldwork and investigation
• cultural viewpoints and value systems
Assessment objective 4
ESS IB student should investigate the environment through:
- evaluating the political, economic and social contexts of issues
- selecting and applying the appropriate research and practical skills
- suggesting solutions that demonstrate awareness for the value systems of others.